A modified version Videotome:ADV, made from a gutted version of VT:ADV I put together for the complete edition of Quinn & Flynn. There's some stuff here I thought others would get a kick out of, so I've tidied it up and made it suitable to work in.
Software provided as-is with no expectations and spaghetti code included.
- Settings menu accessible by hitting S or the settings button, complete with music volume, sfx volume, autoplay speed, and history length.
- Autosaving when hitting a passage that ends with _SAVE.
- An option to delete the current save and start from the beginning.
- New tag MUSVOL/SFXVOL (float, 0 - 1), to change audio volume on demand. This is taken as a percentage of the volume set by the player.
- New tag FUNCDELAY, to call a function after a line is left, rather than as it's reached.
- New tag THEME (string, reads css files in theme/), to change VT's look while you play.
- Better auto; autoplay now adjusts speed based on how long a line is, and selecting a choice waits until autoplay finishes until moving to the next line.
- Moved history and auto buttons to more suitable locations.
- History log clears after using CLEARSCREEN.
- Added a click-through curtain to workaround inputs not being registered until a user interacts with the page.
- Added some error handling around choices and GOTOs.
- Choices can be selected properly using keyboard 1/2/3.
- Clicking no longer skips the next line cooldown.
- FUNC and MODE no longer need double square brackets in their syntax.
- Character name is now visible when using a character tag immediately after using CLEARSCREEN.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.